It's official: I'm a Thai citizen with a Thai ID!
That's right. I went to get a Thai ID today.

It isn't the same as a driver's license, but is used when they put up roadblocks, banks, stores, etc. My ID has the new "SmartCard" technology, it has my fingerprints and data stored inside the card! Why did I get one? So instead of me getting a visa, I get this and a passport (passport didn't work out) and I still can't find a flight in july.
Anyway, the trip to the ID place looked the same as what you would see in our DMV. They give you numbers and call you up to the desk, you fill out pointless info, and you take a photo..except the forms were 3 1/2 full pages because I live in America. How can I get an ID then? I'm in the household registar and I have a Thai birth cerfiticate I never knew existed. My dad plans ahead well. Toto doesn't have one though and won't become a thai citizen, otherwise he would have to enlist in mandatory military duty @ 18.
One of the ladies there asked me if I could write my name in Thai, and NOPE, I can't. Then my dad did something he does (and its hella annoying) is he said "I wrote it down for her yesterday and all she did was play on the laptop, I wrote it down for you yesterday." WELL, you didn't tell me I would need to learn it by today when I had no idea I'd go get an ID & I'm the one who asked for him to write it down because Nina wanted to know it. Thai words look very similar to me, so I doubt I'll be able to learn my ridiculous last name in thai anytime soon. And then the lady looked at me and said "Better make her write it lots of times." Pffttt, evil lady. She reminded me of an Asian version of Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada...seriously, she had the glasses and look.
Well, Thai ID = Free
but for us, it was 400 baht because I am 4 years older than the age of 15. Whatttt! Yes, apparently, the minimum and maximum age to get it without getting fined is the age of 15. Nina is 14 and she has to wait till she's 15...and I'm 19 and well over 15 so I was fined. The maximum fine was 500 baht.

Second stop was to get a Thai Passport...
But they required divorce papers, wtfz and it would have been a bitchhhhh to get. We would have to translate it and have to get it from the courts and blah blah. As my dad says "BS"... Here in thailand, it is a certificate. In the US it is two stacks of papers. Not sure why they need divorce papers. Nina almost couldn't get her passport to come to Thailand because our mother didn't sign one little thing (of course we don't know where shes at). So my dad went to the politican Bob Gordan'd office (reps TN), and talked to them...and they were able to convince them to send Nina's passport. They didn't want to send it because if Nina wanted to stay in Thailand w/ a passport they issued, our mother could sue for KIDNAPPING. (wtfz)
I asked my dad why do Thai people drink out of straws?
He has no idea, but then again, it's so much easier than to tip the glass/bottle
While we were eating
These people in the neighbhood were hitting on drums and wearing dragon things.
Is it Chinese new years?
That's right. I went to get a Thai ID today.
It isn't the same as a driver's license, but is used when they put up roadblocks, banks, stores, etc. My ID has the new "SmartCard" technology, it has my fingerprints and data stored inside the card! Why did I get one? So instead of me getting a visa, I get this and a passport (passport didn't work out) and I still can't find a flight in july.
Anyway, the trip to the ID place looked the same as what you would see in our DMV. They give you numbers and call you up to the desk, you fill out pointless info, and you take a photo..except the forms were 3 1/2 full pages because I live in America. How can I get an ID then? I'm in the household registar and I have a Thai birth cerfiticate I never knew existed. My dad plans ahead well. Toto doesn't have one though and won't become a thai citizen, otherwise he would have to enlist in mandatory military duty @ 18.
One of the ladies there asked me if I could write my name in Thai, and NOPE, I can't. Then my dad did something he does (and its hella annoying) is he said "I wrote it down for her yesterday and all she did was play on the laptop, I wrote it down for you yesterday." WELL, you didn't tell me I would need to learn it by today when I had no idea I'd go get an ID & I'm the one who asked for him to write it down because Nina wanted to know it. Thai words look very similar to me, so I doubt I'll be able to learn my ridiculous last name in thai anytime soon. And then the lady looked at me and said "Better make her write it lots of times." Pffttt, evil lady. She reminded me of an Asian version of Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada...seriously, she had the glasses and look.
Well, Thai ID = Free
but for us, it was 400 baht because I am 4 years older than the age of 15. Whatttt! Yes, apparently, the minimum and maximum age to get it without getting fined is the age of 15. Nina is 14 and she has to wait till she's 15...and I'm 19 and well over 15 so I was fined. The maximum fine was 500 baht.
Second stop was to get a Thai Passport...
But they required divorce papers, wtfz and it would have been a bitchhhhh to get. We would have to translate it and have to get it from the courts and blah blah. As my dad says "BS"... Here in thailand, it is a certificate. In the US it is two stacks of papers. Not sure why they need divorce papers. Nina almost couldn't get her passport to come to Thailand because our mother didn't sign one little thing (of course we don't know where shes at). So my dad went to the politican Bob Gordan'd office (reps TN), and talked to them...and they were able to convince them to send Nina's passport. They didn't want to send it because if Nina wanted to stay in Thailand w/ a passport they issued, our mother could sue for KIDNAPPING. (wtfz)
I asked my dad why do Thai people drink out of straws?
He has no idea, but then again, it's so much easier than to tip the glass/bottle
While we were eating
These people in the neighbhood were hitting on drums and wearing dragon things.
Is it Chinese new years?
Went to Central Plaza to get more Wii bootleg games
Toto wanted a pic of the baby on the elevator
Toto wanted a pic of the baby on the elevator
Transformers tonight or tomorrow?!!
=D hopefully when all students are in school
=D hopefully when all students are in school
Toto & his buddy Harry Potter (looks more like a Weasley)
Toto is brushing his hair...o_O
Toto is brushing his hair...o_O
Yumm sushiii
Look at the line of shops
it's crazy to walk through them
it's crazy to walk through them
Toto wanted Mcdonalds
and their combos are round $3. We ordered chicken for toto, and got one drumstick...thats not chicken nuggets! So, we ordered some more.
and their combos are round $3. We ordered chicken for toto, and got one drumstick...thats not chicken nuggets! So, we ordered some more.
Their fries are still good
My dad got off the phone from G-pa and he said "Uh oh Toto, Grandpa wants to kick your ass for staying out late" (it was 8pm)
"REALLY!? since I can't do that to Toto, can I please watch Grandpa do it!?" -Me
So we went home...
Damnit G-pa was sleeping
Spent the night playing Wii games.
I realized I cuss A LOT when games like Grand Slam Tennis make me angry.
Come on, the mode was on EASY, and I still couldn't win a match.
WELCOME TO THAILAND'S ID STUFF
"REALLY!? since I can't do that to Toto, can I please watch Grandpa do it!?" -Me
So we went home...
Damnit G-pa was sleeping
Spent the night playing Wii games.
I realized I cuss A LOT when games like Grand Slam Tennis make me angry.
Come on, the mode was on EASY, and I still couldn't win a match.
WELCOME TO THAILAND'S ID STUFF
what are the benefits of being a thai citizen?
ReplyDeleteare you staying in Thailand forever? :( I hope you get back safe! It would be cool to live somewhere else for a little while...
ReplyDelete